Friday, May 8, 2020

DFI Session Nine (last one!)

Today, before we took the Google exam, we heard Dorothy speak about the term ubiquitous. It was a great reminder that learning should be available:

Anytime 
Anywhere 
At any pace
(and from) anyone

This made me reflect on distance learning and whether we have achieved these goals. I agree with Dorothy that the dream of having rewindable learning available regardless of time or place has become a reality in the last few months. It's a credit to our teachers and leaders that students are coping with this way of working. But I'm also very aware that not all are students are engaged at this time. So what are the barriers that we still need to address moving forward?


Reflecting on the DFI on the whole I feel very privileged to have shared this experience with an amazing team of educators. I've learnt so much and feel so much more confident supporting other teachers with the content we have covered.

As a facilitator and now Education Programme Leader, I've also been able to up skill myself and start to be able to trouble shoot and help other people through their challenges.

Thanks to Gerhard, Dorothy and all the other facilitators and participants of this cohort. And good luck with the rest of the term and year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil, thanks so much for joining us and for your contributions to the group. It has been fabulous to get to know you in this way. I am delighted for Ako Hiko that they have your expertise to take them forward. And I am delighted for our team to have you as a colleague in the Manaiakalani support crew. Best wishes as the schools start to move to face to face and you get busier than ever.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. I feel very lucky to be part of the team and the DFI course provided me with lots of great learning and inspiration.

      Delete